In the end, it is the taste that matters...

Doll Cakes

Chocolate Cake with Buttercream frosting
My eldest daughter wanted a spectacular cake for her birthday and it is a great challenge on my part. Before I prepare for it, I asked her what theme she wanted and automatically she said "Frozen".

I scoured the internet for inspirations.  I checked if there are any cake designs that is feasible for a non professional cake baker like me. The layered cakes available in google often display fondant cakes, which I do not have the necessary equipment to make it a realization. The frosting layered cakes was rather to much for my meager skills, like I said in my previous articles, I never had any professional proper education when it comes to baking, Google was my teacher apart from my little exposure to baking when I was still in Ireland, so hmm.. not a good idea....

Then, I stumbled upon an Elsa doll cake during one of my Google searches and I wondered if it is actually possible for me to make it. I studied the structure of some doll cakes and also checked some of my cake molds if I have the necessary equipment or if I needed to buy some new ones.

Chocolate with cream cheese
I thought, I should practice before I would actually make it and luckily one of the employees of the company I am working is having her birthday and the team wanted to surprise her. My colleagues paid me to bake a cake for her so since she is also special to our team I decided that this is my chance to actually make a doll cake and gain confidence in forming my doll.  The cake was well received so I am very happy and my confidence level in making doll cakes are increased.  Now I have another cake decorating technique to add on my list! Weeee....


Carrot Cupcakes, cream cheese and
cinnamon sugar snowflakes cookies
My daughter wanted a chocolate cake for the Elsa doll and carrot cupcakes to bring to her school so she can also celebrate with her classmates so I thought why not top the cupcakes with cinnamon sugar snowflakes cookies for a real "Frozen" theme.  Her classmates loved it and are asking for some more. Until next birthday then....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lazada Philippines