In the end, it is the taste that matters...

White Chocolate on Frosting

I have always known myself to be curious with a lot of things especially when it comes to art.  I think everyone wants to make a signature to their craft so, in my own way, I keep to trying different ingredients to see if I can feature it as one of my salable products.

I have always wanted to make something with white chocolates simply because I prefer white chocolates over the regular milk chocolates.

The opportunity came when the sister of my cousin's girlfriend contacted me for an order of red velvet heart cake.

Because it was short notice, I was not really able to prepare for the ingredients that I only have a bottle of red McCormick left, I have been having some challenges finding the red food coloring for months since Christmas, if ever I get to find one it would not be enough to stock on, sometimes there's be only one bottle left or two.  Anyways, I was hoping to make a red velvet heart with red cream cheese frosting covered with white chocolate shavings, I ended up making a purple heart and I was not able to take a picture of it because the person who ordered it, already came to my house and I was not finished making the greetings she requested to be included in the cake. Although the cake looks nice, because if the purple color, it somehow lacks the kind of class and strong presence of the red velvet.  The cake however did gave me an idea to try adding the white chocolate shavings even if there is no red food coloring available.  So when my mother asked for me to bake a cake as gift for her friend's daughter who will graduate, I was determined to try the white chocolate shavings again. 

I also tried white chocolates on my cupcakes as well.  I mixed some white chocolate shavings on the frosting, whip it up and frost it on the red velvet cupcakes, I then add some more white chocolate shavings, some jelly beans and topped it with gummy candies.

I am so loving the white chocolate shavings idea so I will always consider this as one of priority frosting ideas but of course if we limit ourselves with what is just there, there will be no room fro growth that is why I keep on trying our different frosting ideas to satisfy customers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lazada Philippines